Fairweather demonstrates its commitment to the protection of its personnel, contractors and physical assets by maintaining a world-class health, safety and environmental (HSE) management system.
Fairweather has nearly 40 years of experience providing HSE consultation services to our clients in the Alaskan Arctic and elsewhere. These services range from conducting North Slope Training Cooperative (NSTC) training to coordinating and facilitating daily, weekly and monthly safety meetings on site. Our safety team is trained and certified to ensure our client personnel are working in the safest and most efficient ways. Professional safety training by Fairweather is available in Anchorage, at the Deadhorse Aviation Center and on the job site.
The Fairweather Health , Safety and Environmental Policy
Fairweather, LLC demonstrates its commitment to the protection of its personnel, contractors and physical assets by maintaining a world-class Health, Safety and Environmental (HSE) Management System. The implementation of this HSE Management System is an important leadership responsibility as there will be no compromise of an individual's well-being in anything we do.
This HSE policy is an integral part of the way Fairweather does business. The goals of this policy are to provide a framework from which we identify hazards, unsafe conditions and behaviors, prevent injury to personnel, minimize loss related to incidents, and comply with all applicable HSE legislation, while meeting our business line goals. We champion a culture of safety and an environment free from blame where personnel are encouraged to report unsafe conditions or use the Stop Work Authority at any time until safety is assured.
Our commitment to our personnel, contractors and clients is based upon:
- Providing HSE leadership through Fairweather's management priorities and governance.
- Demonstrating the goals and objectives of the HSE Management System through participatory actions and follow up.
- Communicating the roles and responsibilities of the HSE Management System to all employees, contractors and clients.
- Ensuring personnel have safe and task-appropriate equipment and tools to accomplish their jobs.
- Providing employees with appropriate training on equipment and tools and monitoring work competence.
- Fostering stewardship with the environment in which we work.
- Facilitating continuous improvement in HSE performance through plan, do, check, act (PDCA) cycles incorporating evidence-based practices and learning from experience.
- Emphasizing the five safety rights: the right tool, right time, right training, right hazard control and the right to use the Stop Work Authority under unsafe conditions.
- Monitoring compliance with applicable laws and regulations, as well as conformance with Fairweather and client-specific health, safety and environmental standards.
Fairweather management believes in Health, Safety and Environmental excellence, and its core business line is focused on the protection of our greatest assets, Fairweather personnel. We believe that all incidents are preventable by following ethical standards and strict adherence to our HSE Policies and Procedures. We expect every Fairweather employee, contractor and visitor to share in this belief.Click here for complete details about Fairweather's HSE support services